Church of Ntra. Sra. de Bienvenida

Also known as the former parish of Ntra. Sra. de la Asunción, it is surrounded by the Gurumeña neighborhood. Although the oldest parish document dates back to 1583, there is no consensus on its construction date, believed to be earlier than this.

Main entrance of the church.

The most precious jewel of the church’s architectural ensemble is undoubtedly the baptistry’s vault, located on the ground floor of the tower, featuring Cistercian-style architecture (transition from Romanesque to Gothic). The interior of the church also highlights the classical-style altarpiece, harmoniously adorned in light and clear colors. At the center of the altarpiece is the Virgin’s sanctuary, a large arched window revealing the Throne of the Virgin of Bienvenida, venerated by the townspeople as the patroness of Valdefuentes.